Residence permit for studies

As an EU citizen, citizen from Iceland or Norway you have the right to work, study or live in Sweden without a residence permit. Citizens from other countries needs a residence permit for studies longer than three months. It is important that you apply for a residence permit before you travel to Sweden. Note that citizens from some countries also needs an entry visa to travel to Sweden, and some citizens need an entry visa for studies shorter than three months.

When you apply for residence permit at the Swedish Migration Agency you can state the following contact information:
Contact: Chalmers Admissions
Email address:
Phone: +46 31 772 25 90
All Admissions Officers can confirm data regarding admitted students, this is a common procedure.

Contact Swedish Migration Agency

You can contact officials working with residence permits for Chalmers' students at:
For other questions the Swedish Migration Agency has a National Service Centre in Gothenburg. For more information about residence permits or service centres please visit:

Published: Thu 29 Sep 2016. Modified: Mon 17 Jun 2019