Medical healthcare

In an emergency - dial 112

112 is the public emergency phone number in Sweden. One call will put you in touch with all the emergency services, but you should only call 112 if you are in an emergency situation and need immediate help.

Need to see a doctor?

It’s not easy to know how to find a doctor in a new country. In Sweden you can register at a local health centre called "Vårdcentral". Depending on what kind of student you are, the way to seek medical care can differ.

Medical advice by phone

Health care advice 24 hours a day, 365 days a year – call 1177.

The website

Medical care

How to seek medical care, such as a medical centre, medical advice by telephone, hospitals and contraceptives.

How to seek medical care

Care for foreign students, here you'll find information about emergency / necessary care, dental care, patient fees and how to become registered in Sweden. 

Care for foreign students - rights and fees

Feelgood – the student health centre at Chalmers University of Technology

Feelgood Gothenburg City is your student health centre. You can contact Feelgood if you experience problems with study-related illness. You are always offered an initial assessment visit where the staff can direct you to the right competence at Feelgood or at another healthcare provider outside the student health centre. You will find phone numbers and email addresses further down the page.

As a complement to physical visits, there are opportunities to get at a web-based virtual visit to all care categories within Feelgood. The Feelgood app is specially developed for secure communication in healthcare.  
As a student, you have the possibility to visit the student health care totally 5 times/year.

Not sure if your problem is study-related or not? Call or email Feelgood and they will help you to find out if your problems fall within the scope of student health care. The goal is to be able to help you in the best way, either at the reception or by referring you to another care provider. 

Medical questions and issues

If you want help with more general medical issues or if you suffer from medical problems such as colds and things like that you should contact your local health care centre or general health care.
You can also call Vårdguiden at number 1177 for 24-hour counselling. At Vårdguiden they assess your need for care, provide advice and guide you to the correct reception for your problems. 

General medical visits for international students outside the EU / EEA agreement

Feelgood has general medical reception for international students at Chalmers who do not have a Swedish social security number who are not entitled to general Swedish health care.

What does it mean that the complaints are study-related? 
One example might be that you are worried about how you will manage your studies now that Chalmers has switched to remote education. This is interpreted as study-related, but if you are generally worried by what is going on in the world, this is not study-related. The Student Health Centre will help you with problems such as stress, depression, procrastination, performance demands, worry, sleeping difficulties, exhaustion, difficulty concentrating, social anxiety or other emotional difficulties linked to your studies and study situation. 

However, do not come to Feelgood if you want help planning your studies; you can get that help from the student guidance counsellor for your programme. Your student guidance counsellor can also provide support and a discussion partner if you are anxious or have problems related to studies. 

All of our student guidance counsellors are trained professionals and required to maintain confidentiality.

If you are not sure whether your problems can be considered study-related you can always turn to Feelgood for an assessment. They will then point you to the correct care facility. 

Contact Feelgood Gothenburg City

Book a visit via phone or email: 
010-810 81 92 
Monday - Friday 08: 00-17: 00

Book a visit via the form (only students with a Swedish social security number): 
(First time you need to activate your account. Click the button "Set up your account"). 
As an international student, you can not book an appointment via the web form as a Swedish social security number is required. But you can easily book your appointment by phone or e-mail address as above. Do not hesitate to get in touch with us. We want to help you in the best way.​

Address: Östra Hamngatan 26, 411 09 Gothenburg
Visiting hours: Monday - Friday 08:00 - 16:00

If cancelled: Cancellation must be by phone or email 24h prior to the booked visit. Missed visits are charged.
For cancellation 010-810 81 92 (cancellation by phone can only be done weekdays) or​​

Manage your Stress – for productivity and well-being 

As a student you can feel stressed for many different reasons. This feeling is natural, but sometimes stress affects our ability to do our studies and work effectively. Stress can also affect our relationships and well-being. However, it is possible to manage stress, if you use the right tools and techniques. This course, offered by Chalmers and Feelgood, the student health centre, allows you to practice how to deal with stress.​

A course in how to manage your stress​​

European Health Insurance Card

The card gives you access to medically necessary, state-provided healthcare during a temporary stay in an EU country, including Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland, under the same conditions and at the same cost as people insured in that country. Please note, the European Health Insurance Card is not an alternative to travel insurance.

App about the European Health Insurance Card

A guide on how to use the European Health Insurance Card including general information, emergency phone numbers, covered treatments and costs, how to claim reimbursement etc., in 25 languages.​

European Health Insurance Card


Page manager Published: Thu 12 May 2022.