Access to the Windows file server
- Logged in to StuDAT Linux
If the instructions above doesn't work, try the old instructions below:
- Go to the Places-menu in GNOME, click on Connect to server.
- In the dialog-box pick Service type: Windows share.
- Type Server: file00.chalmers.se
- Type Share: home/<CID>. This means that if your Chalmers CID (username) is 'jim' you should type home/jim.
- Type Username: <CID>, i this case jim.
- Type Domain name: NET
- It's a good idea to click the bookmark box, then click on Connect. Type your regular chalmers password. Finished!
- Run the command chalmers-windows-share in a Linux terminal window.
- You will be asked to enter your CID password.
- A login window will appear. Enter your CID password again.
- Picture guide (coming soon)