We help with most things related to accounts and computer systems at Chalmers, but not everything.
Get a Chalmers account/CID
- Your account will not be fully functional until the next day.
- GU students can use their GU accounts.
- Antagning.se/Universityadmissions.se can only be used ONCE and only if you're new student.
- If you have a Swedish national identity number, create an eduID.
- If you can't get your CID this way visit our IT-Helpdesk on campus or by Zoom.
Forgot the password?
Find an answer
Information and guides about our systems can be found on the IT portal
We publish news and tips on Facebook
We recommend that you send your question, if possible, from your student email
To be able to answer questions, we need to know:
- Who are you; state your CID or personal identification number (or email from the student email)
- What question / problem you have
- Where the problem occurs, such as the computer name, operating system
- When the problem occurred
We answer emails during office hours, usually weekdays 8:00-16:00
Phone: 031-772 6500 (+46 31 772 6500)
Open: weekdays 08:00 - 15:00, reduced staffing during lunchtime
Online IT-helpdesk in Zoom
Open: Wednesday and Thursday 12:00 - 13:00 during semester time
Wait in the waiting room until you are admitted and be prepared to show passport or ID card
Campus IT-helpdesk Johanneberg
We only accept healthy visitors, if you have any symptoms stay at home!
Open: weekdays 12:00 - 14:00 during semester time
We are located at Studenttorget in Chalmers main library, Campus Lindholmen
Campus IT-helpdesk Lindholmen
Closed until further notice
Open: Tuesdays 12:00 - 14:00 during semester time
We are located on the entrance level in house Saga, Campus Lindholmen
Office hours, semester time and other times
We advertise other days with deviating opening hours here if possible and / or in the current service / help desk.
Office hours 8:00-16:00 we can usually handle incoming cases during this time. We have flexible hours and staffing can therefore vary throughout the day. We may also be absent due to meetings and other activities.
Semester time is when it is not holidays, it varies which dates we close and open at the summer and winter breaks. Generally, for the autumn semester we open as the new students arrive and close one week before Christmas and for the spring semester we open the second week in January and close after the semester has ended.
We have three half days when we close at 12:00: Walpurgis Night, The day before All Saints' Day, The day before Christmas Eve (December 23).
We have completely closed all red days, but also Midsummer's Eve, Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve and the Friday after Ascension Day. If June 6 is a Saturday, we are free on Friday, June 5, and if it is a Sunday, we are free on Monday, June 7.