Registration for Exchange students
Chalmers applies self-service online registration in Ladok for all admitted students on every course, each semester.
Step 1. Before you register
New students must first receive the Chalmers computer account (CID) and Chalmers password.
- We will send out an email in December 2022, with dates, activations codes, and further information to all incoming exchange students.
- If you have not received these e-mail messages, you have the following options:
- The CID have limited use until you have completed your registration, the day after registration your account should work fully.
Step 2. Complete your mandatory registration (registration opens 26 December)
- Please note that this could take a few hours after you set your Chalmers password. Please wait until the next day before contacting IT Support.
- Click on Ladok for students.
- Click Choose university. Choose Chalmers and click Proceed to Login and fill in your CID and Chalmers password (see Step 1 above).
You must register for every course that is open for registration under Current education (menu) "Upcoming". Once the registration is done the courses will be moved to (menu) “Current”.
- Please note that it can take a while after you use the MyAccount portal for the first time, until Ladok recognizes your account. In that case, please wait a few hours and try again!
Step 3. Verify Your Identity (opens 26 December)
After you have activated your Chalmers account (CID) with the activation codes we sent by e-mail, Chalmers must establish your identity.
- Login to Canvas with your CID and Chalmers password (see Step 1 above).
- Look for a course room called "Identity Verification".
Submit both a photo and a video by following the instructions inside the Canvas course room.
- It can take up to a workday after your registered (Step 2) before you see the Identity Verification.
The deadline for Identity Verification is in September 2022 (date to be determined), but we would like to ask you to submit your ID verification as soon as the Canvas course room opens, so we have time to review it before the semester starts.