The student should be able to, concerning:
Knowledge and understanding
1. Identify and formulate clear problems and knowledge gaps within industrial engineering and management, especially within the field of management and economics of innovation.
2. Describe the knowledge frontier in subfields of management and economics of innovation, and apply deeper domain-specific knowledge to design, lead, manage and improve innovation processes.
3. Use relevant scientific methods to identify and formulate relevant problems and issues and develop solutions in the area of management and economics of innovation.
Ability and skills
4. Analyze, synthesize, formulate and solve open problems by applying and integrating knowledge from various areas of management and economics of innovation, even when access to data is limited.
5. Use digital tools to analyze, synthesize, formulate and solve innovation-related problems, as well as understand the potential and challenges of digitalization in relation to innovation and business models.
6. Apply specialist, leadership and methodological skills to critically and systematically analyze, evaluate and develop new products, services and innovation processes.
7. Communicate (orally and in writing) intentions, methods, results, arguments and assessments to national and international stakeholders.
8. Work independently with research and development in the field of management and economics of innovation or in other qualified activities.
9. Integrate sustainability aspects (economic, environmental and social) into the design, governance, and management of innovation processes.
Values and attitudes
10. Use entrepreneurial skills and knowledge and reflect on ethical challenges related to entrepreneurship.
11. Critically reflect on and assess social, societal and ethical aspects of innovation and take responsibility for proposed solutions.
12. Identify the need for further personal domain-related development as well as reflect on strategies for continuous learning.