During the time of study, the student shall be able to develop her/his personal qualities and attitudes that will contribute to their professional integrity and to a successful professional carrier. The I-engineer will after completed the program
... regarding knowledge and understanding
1. Have profound knowledge in industrial engineering, ie whether technology and technology-based activities can be created, described, analyzed, operated and developed
a. in accordance with business, social and ecological goals and frameworks,
b. based on priorities between perspectives held by different specific stakeholders such as shareholders, customers, suppliers, employees, institutions, etc. (internal and external financial analysis, work environment, legal requirements, etc.),
c. taking into account various life cycle phases (innovation, development, operation, settlement), as well as
d. different levels of abstraction (component / product / technology / individual / organization / network / industry).
2. Possess knowledge in the chosen field of technology that enables qualified collaboration with expertise.
3. Have knowledge of the importance of the engineer and technology in society, both nationally and globally.
4. Have knowledge of scientific and engineering tools to collect, analyze and synthesise information in the science areas of nature, technology, economy and society.
5. Understand and account for basic concepts such as digital innovation, digitization, and disruption
6. Understand how digitization influence organizations and the foundations of competition as well as the structure of society
... regarding skills and abilities
7. Have the following abilities in description / modeling / simulation / analysis / synthesis / implementation / visualization of problems that are composed of technical, business, social and ecological variables:
a. Work both independently and in groups.
b. Use qualitative and quantitative methods as well as computer-based tools.
c. Assess the necessary requirements of resources and time.
d. Participate in, and lead, the processes as a whole or parts thereof.
e. Communicate with various stakeholders, including technical and financial expertise in both Swedish and English.
8. Possess the ability to develop their own and others' knowledge, abilities and attitudes.
9. Possess the ability to lead staff and activities at different organizational levels, in different life cycle phases and business logic.
10. Possess the ability to sell, negotiate and act consultatively in the chosen technology area, industrial engineering and management, and in the interface there between.
11. Acquire basic information about digital technologies or digital technology solutions and present and argue for a so-called business case around the same
... regarding values and approaches
12. Take ethical responsibility for technical development from economic, social and ecological perspectives.
13. Demonstrate awareness of how one's own personal values and positions influence the definition and assessment of technical, social and economic problems.
14. Show respect and openness to other individuals and approaches.
15. Demonstrate a critical approach to established methods and theories in industrial engineering and management as well as how knowledge is developed in science, technology and social science.
16. Evaluate and describe how digitization and digital technology can affect business models and value creation in society today and in the future
17. Critically evaluate and discuss digital technology and technical systems in relation to organizational characteristics, business models, and the structure of society