Registration and result on course

​You must register for each course, each study period, for the whole semester.
The registration opens Monday three weeks before the course instance starts and closes the second Tuesday in the course instance.

Please note that the information on this page only applies to Degree seeking students (full time programmes).
If you are admitted to single-subject courses, please follow the instructions at New student at Chalmers​.​

How to register for a course in Ladok - (video) LadokPlay​

Course registrations

When the study period/semester begins you need to register on your courses. Use the service "Register on course" on My startpage to register when the registration period is open. When you are registered on your courses, you will get access to the course homepages/Canvas and can sign-up for the exams. You may see it all in the film introduction about Ladok for students (see link above).

Tuition fee-paying students are registered on their courses by the Tuition Fees Office.

Re-registration on course

To re-register for a course you have not yet completed, use the service Re-registration on course on My Start Page.

If you are only going to take an exam and this is still available, with the same course code as before, you should not re-register for the course but only register for the exam. If the course room is locked and you need access, please contact the examiner who will add you to Canvas. If the course has changed its code, please contact your student guidance counsellor.

Tuition fee-paying students are re-registered on their courses by the Tuition Fees Office

Exchange students who wish to add courses to their study plan should consult their exchange coordinator.

I want to drop a course

You can make an interruption on a course by using the service early interruption of a course​​, within three weeks after the course start. You can't make an interruption if you have a final grade or approved test score on the course this semester.

Tuition fee-paying students will have to contact Tuition Fees Office if they want to drop a course.

Exchange students should contact their exchange coordinator within two weeks of the start of the study period.

How do I register for my Master’s thesis?

For more information, please visit:



My grade is incorrect

Please contact the course examiner if your grade is incorrect.

My course has not been reported as completed, even though I have passed all elements

Even though all elements of a course are reported as passed, the course itself may not have been reported as passed. If you have questions about the results, please contact the department giving the course. 

Contact information to the departments

Can I improve my grade?

It is possible to re-take an exam in order to try to improve your grade, even if you have passed the course. You will keep the highest grade. To sign up for an exam in a course which you have passed, use the service Examination, sign-up on My startpage. The grade of a course can be improved as long as the course has an exam. If the course code is changed and no exams are given you can't improve your grade. Please note that you can not improve your grade if the course is already included in an issued degree.​

Page manager Published: Fri 18 Nov 2022.