Key dates for the course selection
15 March - The course selection opens
15 April - Last day to select courses
Be sure to make your selection on time!
1 August - The course selection opens for late applications
Course selection information for students in the architecture master programmes: Architecture and urban design, MPARC and Architecture and planning beyond sustainability, MPDSD will be given in digital form.
The information session will not be held physically due to the restrictions following the corona virus. The information will be available here on the student portal instead.
What to select
The autumn semester year 2 in the master programme consists of either “Track 1” with the master’s thesis preparation courses (4,5 cr + 3 cr) and a 22,5 cr design studio, or “Track 2” with a 15 cr design studio alongside two 7,5 cr courses. See the programme plans linked below.
Information about the courses
The programme plans show which courses are part of your master programme.
Please use search course
to find the syllabus for a course you are interested in.
Note the entry requirements that say what previous knowledge you need to study the course.
Additional information about the courses is available in the form of flyers.
Note that most flyers are for autumn 2019
To select the studio and courses in “Track 2”, please select the course package named “Track 2 – Studio and courses”.
If you don’t want to take all three courses in the package, select the package anyway and send the information in an email to the director of studies.
To select the master’s thesis preparation courses 1 and 2 (ARK636 and ARK641), please
select the course package named “Master’s thesis preparation courses 1-2”
If you only want to take one of the courses you select the one you want instead of the package.
Course entry requirements
The entry requirements say what previous knowledge you need to study the course. The requirements are stated in the syllabus for each course, use search course to find the syllabus.
How to make your selection
Master programme students apply on universityadmissions.se
Students enrolled in Architecture and urban design (MPARC) or Architecture and planning beyond sustainability (MPDSD) will use universityadmissions.se (or the Swedish antagning.se) to select courses. The course selection is open 15 March - 15 April. You will receive a confirmation of admission the 9th of July.
- Go to universityadmissions.se (or antagning.se)
- Under the tab Log in, select Chalmers University of Technology under Are you already a student? and click the button Go to student portal.
- Log in using your CID (ChalmersID) and password.
- Go to the tab Find a course, select Autumn 2020 and mark the box Only show courses that I can apply to within my programme (this will show all courses and studios in both MPARC and MPDSD). Click Search to display the courses available in the course selection round for Chalmers architecture.
- Make your course selection and prioritize the selected courses. Please read note on prioritization below!
- You can log in and adjust your selection or priority until the selection closes 15 April.
Note about prioritization!
If you select the course package “Master’s thesis preparation courses 1-2” – make sure you place it at the bottom of your list of selected courses so it doesn’t affect prioritization of studios.
Selection rules for courses
The number of participants in the courses are limited. When selection needs to be made the following rules are used:
- Master programme students have priority over exchange students.
- Master programme students have priority to courses within their own programme plan, over master programme students from other programmes.
- The lowest priority is given to students that makes their selection too late.
Priority within student groups:
- Most credits (courses) taken within the master programme.
- Highest grade average within the master programme (grade average is calculated from completed courses only).
- If 1 and 2 cannot separate between students, lottery will be used. For exchange students lottery is always used.
Students who are not given a place in their preferred course/studio are put on a waiting list in prioritized order. If a place becomes available, the first student on the list is offered the place. In case he/she declines, the place is offered to the second student on the list, and so on.
All changes are handled by the Director of Studies. Teachers or examiners cannot give places in their courses to individual students.
- It is only possible to change courses/studios if there is a place available in the receiving course/studio.
- No change is allowed after Monday the second week of the course/studio.
- Empty places that occur before the last day for changing can be filled by students on the waiting list, if the receiving studio/course has the capacity to accept new students at that time.
To claim your place in the courses you must register for each course at the beginning of the semester.
Register on course
Contact Frida Jedvert, director of studies for the master programmes in architecture.