Key dates for the course selection
23 April - The course selection opens
7 May - Last day to select courses
Be sure to make your selection on time!
Course selection information for students in the architecture master programmes: Architecture and urban design, MPARC and Architecture and planning beyond sustainability, MPDSD.
Date: April 10
Place: Lecture hall SB-H8
A smaller session for questions and answers will be held at lunchtime 2 May.
Date: May 2
What to select
The autumn semester year 2 in the master programme consists of either “Track 1” with the master's thesis preparation courses (4,5 cr + 3 cr) and a 22,5 cr design studio, or “Track 2” with a 15 cr design studio alongside two 7,5 cr courses. See the programme plans linked below.
To select the studio and courses in “Track 2”, please select the course package named “Track 2 – Studio and courses”.
If you don’t want to take all three courses in the package, select the package anyway and send the information in an email to the director of studies.
To select the master’s thesis preparation courses 1 and 2 (ARK636 and ARK641), please select the course package named “Master’s thesis preparation courses 1-2”
If you only want to take one of the courses in the package, select the package anyway and send the information in an email to the director of studies.
Course entry requirements
The entry requirements say what previous knowledge you need to study the course. The requirements are stated in the syllabus for each course, use search course to find the syllabus.
How to make your selection
Master programme students apply on universityadmissions.se
Students enrolled in Architecture and urban design (MPARC) or Architecture and planning beyond sustainability (MPDSD) will use universityadmissions.se (or the Swedish antagning.se) to select courses. The course selection is open 23 April-7 May. You will receive a confirmation of admission around 21 May.
2. Under the tab Log in, select Chalmers University of Technology under Are you already a student? and click the button Go to student portal.
3. Log in using your CID (ChalmersID) and password.
4. Go to the tab Find a course, select Autumn 2019 and mark the box Only show courses that I can apply to within my programme (this will show all courses and studios in both MPARC and MPDSD). Click Search to display the courses available in the course selection round for Chalmers architecture.
5. Make your course selection and prioritize the selected courses. Please read note on prioritization below!
6. You can log in and adjust your selection or priority until the selection closes 7 May.
Note about prioritization!
If you select the course package “Master’s thesis preparation courses 1-2” – make sure you place it at the bottom of your list of selected courses so it doesn’t affect prioritization of studios.
Selection rules for courses
The number of participants in the courses are limited. When selection needs to be made the following rules are used:
- Master programme students have priority over exchange students.
- Master programme students have priority to courses within their own programme plan, over master programme students from other programmes.
- The lowest priority is given to students who select courses too late.
Priority within student groups:
1. Most credits (courses) taken within the master programme.
2. Highest grade average within the master programme (grade average is calculated from completed courses only).
3. If 1 and 2 cannot separate between students, lottery will be used. For exchange students lottery is always used.
Students who are not given a place in their preferred course/studio are put on a waiting list in prioritized order. If a place becomes available, the first student on the list is offered the place. In case he/she declines, the place is offered to the second student on the list, and so on.
All changes are handled by the director of studies. Teachers or examiners cannot give places in their courses to individual students.
- It is only possible to change courses/studios if there is a place available in the receiving course/studio.
- No change is allowed after Monday the second week of the course/studio.
- Exception: For the 4,5 cr courses in study week 1-3 in the spring semester, no changing is allowed after Wednesday the first week of the course.
- Empty places that occur before the last day for changing can be filled by students on the waiting list, if the receiving studio/course has the capacity to accept new students at that time.
To claim your place in the courses you must register for each course at the beginning of each semester.
Contact Anna Knutsson,
director of studies for the master programmes in architecture.