During the period with distance examination due to the corona pandemic, different rules apply to the examination than normal. For current information, see the page: Examination during the covid-19 pandemic.
Chalmers aims to increase the digitalization of its programmes. As part of this, all examinations taken the traditional way, i.e. written with pen and paper in an examination room, will be scanned. Since May 2019, all examinations at Campus Lindholmen are scanned. In autumn 2020 or later, the same procedure will be implemented at Campus Johanneberg as well.
The examination will be conducted as before, but instead of collecting a physical examination script, a corrected and completed copy will be sent to the email address you registered in Ladok.
The following procedures will apply at the examination
- Before the examination – Like before, registration is done via Ladok. If you decide not to take the examination, do not forget to cancel your registration before the examination date.
- Check-in – Done with the invigilator when entering the examination building. Have your ID and student union card ready. You will be assigned a seat, and the seats are numbered.
- At your seat – There will be a pre-printed examination cover with your anonymous code, answer sheet and seat number.
- Toilet visit – You only need to show your seat number to the invigilator.
- Check-out - Done with the invigilator. Before going forward to check out, enter the number of answer sheets and the number of submitted assignments on the examination cover, and write the anonymous code on each of the answer sheets. Avoid writing anything other than what has been listed on the examination cover as this could cause a scanning error.
After the examination
After the examiner has corrected your examination, it is scanned and a copy of your corrected examination is sent to the email address you registered in Ladok.
New examination cover
There is a new examination cover to facilitate the scanning process. The new examination cover is completely anonymous, and the Examination Unit pre-prints these prior to the examination. Fill in the number of answer sheets and the number of submitted assignments on the examination cover – see the blue arrows on the examination cover. Avoid writing anything on the examination cover other than what has been specified, as this could cause a scanning error.