Guidelines for Distance Examination
In case of extraordinary circumstances, you may be able to take a distance exam in Sweden or abroad. A distance exam may only be held at another university. In exceptional cases, the exam may take place elsewhere on the corresponding forms of the exam.
- The examiner decides if an exam may be held as a distance exam.
- The examiner has to make sure there is a contact person at the other university and that the university is willing to provide a supervisor and, if required, a special computer for the exam. The exam must be held at the same time (up to one hour later) as the exam at Chalmers.
- The examiner sends the exam via email or registered letter to the contact person.
- The examiner and the contact person agree on how the result should be communicated to the examiner.
- In this case, the department takes care of all contact and the handling of the examination, not the Examination Administration Office.
- Any service charge at the other university is paid by the student.