Be aware of fraud phone calls

​We urge all international students to be cautious if you receive a phone call with a person saying that there's a problem with your visa (residence permit) and requires that you should pay an additional fee.

​The Swedish Embassy is not involved once the residence permit has been issued. Extension of the residence permit is handled by the Swedish Migration Agency and they will never call and require you to pay an additional fee. Their only way of contact is by verified email or regular mail to your registered address.

Swedish Migration Agency

Published: Mon 08 Oct 2018.