So what do Chalmers digital ambassadors do?
There are many students around the world who are interested in studying abroad. But they do not know much about Chalmers and Sweden.
As a Chalmers Digital Ambassador you will share your stories and experiences of studying at Chalmers and living in Gothenburg and Sweden through our digital platforms to inspire such students. Basically, you'll be showing our followers how life here is like.
You are an important part of the Chalmers Marketing and Communications Team who work with international student communication and recruitment. You can choose to join one or even both types of digital ambassadors below.
- Chalmers Content Creators
- Chalmers Buddies
Chalmers Content Creator
As a Chalmers Content Creator you'll create content for our social digital channels. You can join one of the below two teams.
- Blog and instagram team: You’ll be writing several blog posts a month for the Chalmers Student blog. You’ll also share the responsibility of running our Instagram acccount – posting photos, uploading stories, and taking part in Live broadcasts.
- YouTube team: You’ll be creating short, instructional, inspirational or funny videos about living and studying in Sweden for our YouTube account. You should be comfortable with all stages of the video-creating process – from brainstorming to filming and editing. You may also periodically write posts for our blog or take pictures for our instagram account, but your focus will be creating video content.
We're looking for storytellers. It doesn't matter how you do it. The important part is that you love telling stories and know how to create engaging and inspiring content. All Chalmers Content Creators also respond to user comments. We would of course appreciate you joining the Chalmers Buddies team as well. You’ll be expected to spend up to 20 hours/month on your digital ambassador tasks. We will meet every month as a group to share experiences, learn new skills, swap ideas, and have a good time!
As a Chalmers Buddy you will help and inspire prospective students by answering questions and sharing your student experiences. You will work by using a mobile-app called Unibuddy where you will communicate with students from around the world.
Know more about how we work with Unibuddy in this video.
Chalmers buddies normally spend 1-4 hours/month but in some cases up to10 hours/month on their digital ambassador tasks. We will meet now and then as a group to share experiences, swap ideas, and have a good time!
So what are we looking for in you?
We’re looking for fun, creative, kind and friendly digital ambassadors.
And... a few more requirements!
- You're a first year master's student at Chalmers
- You're detail oriented. You make sure that the information you're putting out is correct and fact checked.
- You're comfortable with English even if you are not a native speaker. It's not about fluency. It's about confidence and using your own voice.
- You're kind and friendly.
- You're quick when answering questions, comments and direct messages.
- You're motivated to take initiative and dedicated to completing your tasks.
- You're a team player
- You can commit to planning and spending the time needed to be a digital ambassador during the academic year.
What do we offer?
You maybe want to do this because you think it is fun and cool and because Chalmers is an interesting place to study at! However, we hope you want to do this because you want to help other students. Meanwhile, you will not be working for free. We will be compensating you for your work, both with merch and through smaller financial means.
How to Apply?
If this sounds fun to you, go ahead and apply below.
Chalmers Buddy Application 2020-2021 (Application temporarily closed)
Chalmers Content Creators 2020-2021 (Be prepared to submit a sample of your work) (Application temporarily closed)
Application Deadline: 20 September 2020