The aim of this course is to learn the basics of the Swedish language in order to understand others and to be understood in everyday work and life situations.
The classes are held once per week at Chalmers’ campus in Johanneberg during day time starting at 10.00 and 12.45. Each class is 2 hrs 15 minutes. You sign up for the basic level lasting one term and can then continue for another term if you wish (B2 level, financed by your department) .
After completing the course, you will be able to practise Swedish in following areas:
- simple models for introducing yourself, greeting someone, going to a restaurant, talking on the phone, arranging a meeting etc.
- classroom phrases, asking for information.
- discussing and asking about everyday life and simple situations at work.
- understanding simple, naturally spoken Swedish in daily life situations at work and in social situations.
- simple texts and dialogues.
- simple messages and e-mails
- some information about Sweden and the Swedish educational system
- simple terms and expressions within the university context
The focus is on oral communication and the teaching is in Swedish from the start. Communication takes place both between a teacher and a student and between students. The grammar is also practised in writing. Pronunciation and listening comprehension are important parts of the classes.
Registration and practicalities
- Register through the supplier’s web page http://www.folkuniversitetet.se/chalmers .
Note! When you register for the
course, please state which department you are employed at in the box
“Message” at the end of the registration form
- Remember! Make sure that you can attend the majority of the course dates. Only up to 3 times missed lectures is accepted, otherwise you will not recieve the certificate of completion.
- Do the homework! Make an effort to follow up on what you missed out and your studies will go smoothly!
- If the stated day and time does not suit your calendar, check back later as new dates are announced as soon as one course is filled.