Course Code: GFOK120
Number of Credits: 1,5 HEC
Number of Participants: 15
Cancelling the registration made before November 13, 2018
If you made a registration before November 13, 2018, the cancellation link in the confirmation will not work.
Use the booking key from the confirmation mail marked in yellow, se picture below, to paste in the empty field and click on Find booking.
To enable PhD students to apply research utilisation in
the context of their own research based on Chalmers policies in this
areaIntended Learning Outcome
- To understand the role of research utilisation in the academic setting
- To understand the concepts of intellectual assets and intellectual property
- To know how a research idea can be verified
- To understand research resilience in the context of the Sustainable Development Goals
- To understand the role of open access in research utilisation
PhD-students from second year and onwards and young researchers.
Scholarly Information Retrieval and Research Utilization, GFOK115 or corresponding knowledge.
- Introduction to research utilization
- Intellectual Assets and Intellectual Property
- Open access / open innovation / strategic publication
- Intellectual Asset Verification
- Research Resilience Review in the context of SDGs
The bulk of the course is run in the flipped classroom format with lectures provided as pre-recorded presentations.
Place: SB3; Room Rymdraketen, Campus Johanneberg
Course Leader and Examiner
Sven Hultins gata 8
Bo Norrman, examiner and teacher.
Articles, web presentations, handouts etc.Assessment
- Attendance of scheduled hours
- Obligatory task including report to be submitted
- Oral presentation
Examination in the enrolled courses can be acquired within one year from the start. After the expiration date no missing assignments can be admitted and a participant should re-apply to another course occasion.
Stand-by list means that the course is fully booked but you may be offered a seat if one becomes available. In this case a notification will be sent to you.
Cancellation of participation in the GTS courses
should be done as soon as possible and one week before start
at the latest via the link in the confirmation email. In case of cancellation less then 7 days before start, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Starting Autumn term 2018, late cancellations (less then 7 days) and no-showing up to the course will be fined.