Course Code: GFOK100
Number of Credits: 1,5 HEC
Number of Participants: 15
Note that we are using GU´s system for course administration (work in progress)
1. Click on Registration above and follow the link
2. Click on Register to the left of the session you wish to participate in
3. Choose "Student/guest (no X-account)" as on the picture Dates Autumn 2018
4. Enter your email address and date of birth
On the next screen, enter your personal information. Only needed the
first time you register in the tool, next time it will remember your
6. You receive a booking confirmation as well as information about cancelling the seat. Save it.
3/9, 17/9, 1/10, 15/10, 29/10 - Lindholmen. Time: 08:30-12.00
3/9, 17/9, 1/10, 15/10, 29/10 - Lindholmen. Time: 13.00-16.30
5/11, 12/11, 26/11, 10/12, 17/12 - Johanneberg. Time: 08.30-12.00
9/11, 16/11, 30/11, 14/12, 21/12- Johanneberg. Time: 08.30-12.00
08.30 - 12.00Aim
lmagine starting your day in a resourceful state of mind with a real
sense of purpose. lmagine being last in time while collaborating,
creating, and completing tasks. And imagine finishing the day with a
smile of satisfaction; knowing just how productive you've been.
aim of this course is to develop your personal efficiency in your
everyday work. By introducing you to simple tools that aims to help you
organise yourself and the time you have available you will be better
able to maintain focus on what you need and want to do.Intended Learning Outcome
By the end of the course successful students will be able to:
- Guide attention and maintain focus on key future outcomes while getting the urgent things done along the way
- Prioritize in relation to short- and long term demands
- Be conscious about their performance, !imitations and possibilities
- To change physiological/mental state to match the needs of the situation and to get into Flow
- Communicate appropriately with colleagues about resources - including giving a positive 'no'
- Start tasks/projects in time, estimate time realistically, schedule tasks/projects and complete them too
- Plan and review daily and weekly to sustain progress
- Evaluate own habits to ensure optimum use of resources
- Be familiar with the workflow system to deal with interruptions and email
This course is eligible
within the "Generic and Transferable Skills" course curriculum for PhD
students and young researchers at Chalmers University of Technology
This course uses the pedagogic approach of experiential
learning, and a learning plan and logbook are to be compiled as outcome
of the course. The concept of Flow will be introduced and investigated
using its components: focus, learning state and outcome. Literature will
also be distributed for discussion as well as concrete methods
concerning e.g. handling emails or corresponding communication in a way
that supports focus of mind.
The course consists of 5 sessions and individual work between the
sessions. There will be approximately 2 weeks intervals between the
meetings, with individual work and exercises to be completed between the
Course Leader and Examiner
Beate Bjelke, Lorensbergs, Maria Tevell, Lorensbergs
Material will be distributed before and during the course as well as a list of reference literature.Assessment
Full attendance at all occasions and a pass on a written
exam where you reflect upon your learnings and your action plan.
Grading U, G.Examination in the enrolled courses can be acquired within one year from the start. After the expiration date no missing assignments can be admitted and a participant should re-apply to another course occasion.
Stand-by list means that the course is fully booked but you may be offered a seat if one becomes available. In this case a notification will be sent to you.
Cancellation of participation in the GTS courses
should be done as soon as possible and one week before start
at the latest via the link in the confirmation email. In case of cancellation less then 7 days before start, send email to email@example.com. Starting Autumn term 2018, late cancellations (less then 7 days) and no-showing up to the course will be fined.