Course Code: GFOK050
Number of Credits: 1,5 HEC
Number of Participants: 14
Note that we are using GU´s system for course administration (work in progress)
1. Click on Registration above and follow the link
2. Click on Register to the left of the session you wish to participate in
3. Choose "Student/guest (no X-account)" as on the picture
4. Enter your email address and date of birth
On the next screen, enter your personal information. Only needed the
first time you register in the tool, next time it will remember your
6. You receive a booking confirmation as well as information about cancelling the seat. Save it.
Dates Autumn 2018
24/9-26/9 - Lindholmen
16/10-18/10 - Lindholmen
22/10-24/10 - Lindholmen
The aim is to increase your awareness of yourself as a person and
leader, and to highlight useful approaches and methods when creating and
Intended Learning Outcome
By the end of the course, you will have increased your ability to:
- reflect upon yourself as a person and leader in relation to others
upon the importance of creating frames and direction into group work
and describe the group development stages according to the theory of
- briefly identify your own personality type and reflect upon the usefulness of including different personality types in groups;
- practice the coaching approach in daily work
This course is eligible
within the "Generic and Transferable Skills" course curriculum for PhD
students and young researchers at Chalmers University of Technology
Topics that will be covered during the course are:
- Personalities and personal thinking preferences
- The phases the development of small groups
- Key factors to be aware of when creating and managing teams
- Motivation and drive
- High performance teams
- Leadership, management and coaching
- Emotional intelligence
The course practises experiential and experience based learning.
Individual and group reflections will be key ingredients together with
short theoretical sessions. The extent of the course is three full days
in classroom and one day of individual work.
Course Leader and Examiner
PeO Hillman, Sofia Månsson, Karin Andersson (examiner)
A list of references literature will be provided before the course.
Full attendance at all occasions and a pass on a written exam where you reflect upon your learning. Rating: U/G.
Examination in the enrolled courses can be acquired within one year from the start. After the expiration date no missing assignments can be admitted and a participant should re-apply to another course occasion.
Stand-by list means that the course is fully booked but you may be offered a seat if one becomes available. In this case a notification will be sent to you.
Cancellation of participation in the GTS courses
should be done as soon as possible and one week before start
at the latest via the link in the confirmation email. In case of cancellation less then 7 days before start, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Starting Autumn term 2018, late cancellations (less then 7 days) and no-showing up to the course will be fined.