For the up-to-date information and registration visit the intranet (requires login).in).
Course Code: GFOK050
Number of Credits: 1,5 HEC
Number of Participants: 14
The aim is to increase your awareness of yourself as a person and leader, and to highlight useful approaches and methods when creating and leading teams.
Intended Learning Outcome
By the end of the course, you will have increased your ability to:
• reflect upon yourself as a person and leader in relation to others
• reflect upon the importance of creating trust, psychological safety, a clear framework and direction into group work and describe the group development stages according to the theory of Susan Wheelan
• practice a coaching approach in daily work
This course is eligible within the "Generic and Transferable Skills" course curriculum for PhD students and young researchers at Chalmers University of Technology
Topics that will be covered during the course are:
• The phases in the development of small groups
• Key factors to be aware of when creating and managing teams
• Building trust and psychological safety
• Working with differences/diversity in teams
• Motivation and drive
• A coaching approach
The course practises experiential and experience based learning. Individual and group reflections will be key ingredients together with short theoretical sessions. The extent of the course is three full days in classroom and one day of individual work.
Course Leader and Examiner
PeO Hillman, Sofia Månsson
A list of reference literature will be provided before the course.
Full attendance at all occasions and a pass on a written exam where you reflect upon your learning. Rating: U/G.
Examination in the enrolled courses can be acquired within one year from the start. After the expiration date no missing assignments can be admitted and a participant should re-apply to another course occasion.
Stand-by list means that the course is fully booked but you may be offered a seat if one becomes available. In this case a notification will be sent to you.
Cancellation of participation in the GTS courses
should be done as soon as possible and one week before start
at the latest via the link in the confirmation email. In case of cancellation less then 7 days before start, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Starting Autumn term 2018, late cancellations (less then 7 days) and no-showing up to the course will be fined.