In order for research to contribute to a more sustainable
development, it is critical that research results reach out to a wide
audience. The aim of this course is to enhance the participants’
understanding of research-policy linkages and to increase their
capabilities to communicate their research findings to different
stakeholders, in order to create impact for sustainable development.
course combines theoretical discussions, about factors facilitating or
hampering utilization of research findings in policy making processes,
with practical exercises.
Course themes included are:
1. Research and Policy Linkages: what can we learn from history?
2. The role of research and researchers: motivation to engage?
3. Understanding the policy landscape
4. Models and strategies for policy engagement
5. Tools for engagement: science communication in practice
The course has been developed by researchers and policy experts at the
Centre for Environment and Sustainability (GMV) in Gothenburg.
Welcome to join! Apply under Courses